Power System Analyst / Enerji Sistemi Analisti
Job title: Power System Analyst
Description of the Work: SHURA Energy Transition Center, founded by the European Climate Foundation (ECF), Agora Energiewende and Istanbul Policy Center (IPC) at Sabancı University, contributes to decarbonisation of the energy sector via an innovative energy transition platform. It caters to the need for a sustainable and broadly recognized platform for discussions on technological, economic, and policy aspects of Turkey’s energy sector. SHURA supports the debate on the transition to a low-carbon energy system through energy eff iciency and renewable energy by using fact-based analysis and the best available data. Taking into account all relevant perspectives by a multitude of stakeholders, it contributes to an enhanced understanding of the economic potential, technical feasibility, and the relevant policy tools for this transition.
SHURA is searching for a Power System Analyst to join its growing team. This is a rewarding opportunity to work in a dynamic sector and environment, and to help shape the future of a growing organisation whilst collaborating with a wide network of national and international stakeholders. Under the supervision of the SHURA Director, the Power System Analyst will:
- Contribute to the analysis of grid integration of renewables to Turkey’s power system by assessing and modelling the technical and economic opportunities and potentials of renewable energy, energy efficiency and new technologies, such as digitalisation
- Based on these analyses, coordinate and prepare technical reports, policy papers, slidedecks and other audio-visual materials for outreach activities
- Support the development of SHURA, research topics and ways to engage in the public debate
- Provide input to consultation meetings, workshops, conferences including the preparation of presentations and other supplementary documents
- Coordinate and assist in expanding the network of SHURA and contribute to creating dialogue
- Upon request, represent SHURA at national and international meetings
- Perform other duties as requested
- Advanced university degree from a credible institution in the fields of engineering, natural sciences or other related fields
- Competence and mastery of the power system issues by demonstrating understanding of energy technologies, innovation and economics in Turkey
- At least five years of experience and track record of writing reports in the energy field with demonstrated skills for project management
- Private sector experience is an additional asset
- Plans time and work effectively with clear goals, adjusts priorities, and meets competing deadlines and other commitments whilst delivering with the required quality
- Speaks, writes and communicates clearly and effectively in both Turkish and English and adjusts the tone to meet the interests of various audience
- Works collaboratively and engages in clear and transparent communication with the team, and where relevant with the stakeholders to ensure organisation’s goals are achieved
- Remains calm in stressful situations
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Term of services: 24 months, with a possible extension depending on availability of funds
Location: SHURA Energy Transition Center Office, Şişhane – İstanbul
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis till the position is filled.
If you are interested please e-mail a cover letter and detailed CV to [email protected] until February 22, 2019.